- 2 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 5 large garlic cloves, pressed (or 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 medium Serrano pepper, seeded and chopped fine (or 1/2 teaspoon chili powder)
- 1 Tablespoon Capatriti Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, small dice (or 1 teaspoon onion powder)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 ½ teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 32 oz jar pasta sauce
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 15- ounce cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
First, cook the rice as per the package directions. While the rice is cooking, make the chicken masala by first grinding up the garlic and pepper.
Next, in a large pot, add olive oil and heat it for one minute. Then, add in the onion and cumin and ginger and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
Add in the pureed garlic mixture, coriander, masala, and turmeric to the plan. Cook it, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Next, add in the pasta sauce, water, and chickpeas.
Finally, after the chicken masala is done cooking, serve it over rice and enjoy!