Gnocchi with Arugula Pesto
- 5 ounces baby arugula, some leaves reserved for garnish
- 3 tablespoons blanched almonds, toasted and chopped (2 ounces)
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cup Capatriti extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 pound penne rigate
Combine arugula, almonds, garlic, lemon juice, and cheese in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt. Pulse until coarsely pureed. With the motor running, slowly add oil, processing to a paste.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt. Cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain; transfer pasta to a bowl. Add pesto and toss to coat evenly. Drizzle with oil, garnish with arugula leaves, and serve immediately.