Spicy Chorizo Gnocchi
- 3 tbsp. CAPATRITI® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup carrots, chopped
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. fresh black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. chorizo sausage (remove from casing)
- 1 large can whole plum tomatoes (undrained)
- 1lb. premade gnocchi
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
In a medium sauce pan heat 3 tbsp. EVOO on low. Once hot, sauté the garlic and onions until translucent. Stir in carrots, oregano, salt, and pepper. Crumble in the chorizo and cook until chorizo begins to brown. Add the tomatoes and let reduce for approx. 20 mins.
Boil salted water in a medium pot with a tsp. of EVOO, cook until gnocchi pops to the surface. Strain and coat with a splash of EVOO to avoid sticking.
Plate and share.