Kale & Brussels Sprout Salad
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. minced shallot
- ½ cup Capatriti® EVOO
- 1 tbsp. EVOO
- ⅓ cup almonds with skins, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 large bunches of Tuscan kale (about 1 ½ pounds total), center stem discarded, leaves thinly sliced
- 12 oz. Brussels sprouts, trimmed, finely grated or shredded with a knife
- 1 cup finely grated Pecorino
In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and whisk. Set aside.
Heat 1 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high heat. Add almonds to skillet and stir frequently until golden brown in spots, approx. 2 min. Add honey and stir, approx. 20-30 sec. Then mix in chili powder and remove from heat. Transfer nuts to a paper towel lined plate and allow to cool.
Mix thinly sliced kale and shredded Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Add cheese and toss lightly. Add dressing and toss to coat. Garnish with almonds. Share.