FRIED GREEN TOMATOES WITH PEPPER JELLY
Serves approx. 4
• 4 medium-size green tomatoes, sliced ½-inch think
• 1 cup self-rising white cornmeal mix
• ½ cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
• ½ cup all-purpose flour
• 4 eggs
• 1 ½ tbsp. Capatriti® EVOO
• ⅔ cup red pepper jelly
• 2 tbsp. spicy brown mustard
• 1 tsp. prepared horseradish
• 1 tsp. orange zest
• 2 cups Capatriti® 100% Pure Olive Oil
Combine red pepper jelly, spicy brown mustard, prepared horseradish, orange zest, and EVOO. Set aside.
Heat 100% Pure OO in a cast iron skillet. Meanwhile, whisk together white cornmeal mix and panko in a shallow dish. Place the flour in a separate shallow dish. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs until foamy.
Coat each tomato in flour (shaking off any excess), followed by the egg, and finally the cornmeal panko mixture.
Fry the tomatoes (3 – 5 minutes per side).
Season as desired and top with pepper-jelly-EVOO sauce. Plate and share.